Summit Orange Division has openings for a 3rd shift Plating Operator. Under general supervision, the Plater will manually submerges panels and/or operates repetitive plating and wet process machines to electroplate/tinplate circuits onto panels. Manually performs or operates machines requiring standard setups, constant monitoring and periodic adjustments in speed, temperature and/or chemical levels. Checks levels of chemical baths and may perform additions as directed on assigned processes. Performs manual operations including machine loading. Operates repetitive plating and wet process machines to plate circuits onto planes, e.g., the deposition process. Monitor machine and perform limited preventive maintenance, cleaning screens and makeup/adding chemistry under Lab direction.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a minimum of four (4) years’ in the printed circuit board industry and must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. To operate all Manual Plating processes and supporting equipment with little supervision.
2. To make set-up decisions which conform to customer specification.
3. To evaluate and discontinue processing of non-conforming product and report it to the manager.
4. To follow production control scheduling.
5. To maximize productivity.
6. To review all travelers.
7. Load the line.
8. Create plating recipes/art chemistry.
9. Tape boards.
1. Understanding of industry standards and appropriate application.
2. Must be able to cooperate and communicate effectively with management and supervisory staff.
3. Ability to effectively follow company systems and procedures.
4. Must be able to work with little supervision.
5. Strong knowledge in military and rigid flex boards.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
1. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
2. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
Summit is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Holidays, 401k, Life Insurance
To apply for this job email your details to Wendy.Barnett@summit-pcb.com