Summit Interconnect in Santa Clara, CA is hiring a Senior Customer Service Representative to join our growing customer service team. This position has the option to work remotely.
Position Summary: Under general supervision acts as an interface between the customer, the salesperson, and the company. Acts as the company’s primary point of contact for assigned customers. Services the customer directly or through Summit salespeople to provide status on orders and quotes. Prepares pre-quote information for pricing by the Quotation team and ensures that quotes are sent back to the customer and salesperson in a timely manner. Must be aware of customer deadlines and manage work to meet the deadlines or request extra time before the deadline. Must enter customer orders into the company’s system and send order confirmations to the customer and salesperson. Must generate order status updates as requested by the customer and be able to communicate to the customer verbally and via email regarding important updates.
Must be knowledgeable of industry standards and proficient in the common requirements of manufacturing printed circuit boards.
Must be able to participate in customer meetings and lead conversations on behalf of the company related to customer’s order status and history.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the candidate must have five (5) years’ experience in the printed circuit board industry, a High School education and good written and communication skills. This includes good grammar and punctuation in all written communication. The candidate must also be detail-oriented and able to review customer terms and order requirements and document customer requirements in the company’s system. The individual must possess a professional demeanor and be able to complete tasks under time pressure and in some instances respond to and support customers that are unhappy. Since most of the information provided by customers will be subject to non-disclosure agreements, the individual must have the ability to keep all job-related information confidential.
1. Review customer-supplied documentation including purchase orders, quality documents, and fabrication drawings
2. Complete pre-quote worksheets from customer supplied data
3. Work with Manufacturing, Engineering, and Sales to confirm acceptability of customer orders based on the lead time, pricing and manufacturability
4. Send completed quotes to customers and salespeople.
5. Send order confirmation and order status updates to customers and salespeople.
6. Communicate with the customer regarding any changes to order schedules
7. Follow all applicable ISO procedures.
8. Comply with ITAR procedures.
1. Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
2. Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and management
3. Proficient in the company’s systems including ERP, CRM and shop floor management
4. Familiarity of industry standards and the appropriate application
5. Familiarity with and ability to work with personal computers
6. Act professionally at all times
1. Accept customer information for quotes and orders
2. Recommend pricing and lead time based on experience with customer
Education / Experience:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. A college education is a plus
3. Five (5) years’ experience in the printed circuit industry is required.
Summit is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Holidays, 401k, Life Insurance
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com